Heeeey guys. So, it might be September but with the up-coming heatwave this week, there’s still plenty of time to sip a few cocktails in the garden and to crack out that BBQ.
My ultimate favourite spirit is gin; and it’s always my go-to on a hot day, so I thought I’d show you how to make my favourite gin cocktail to enjoy at home! It’s really simple to make and only requires a few ingredients.
What you’ll need:
- Gin (any type of gin is fine, for this one I’ve used Bombay Sapphire which is a dream)
- Tonic Water (and if you wanna save on some calories opt for the slimline version)
- Monin Sirup de Mojito Mint
- A few thick chunks of cucumber
How to make the Ultimate Gin Cocktail:
- First, throw three or four chunks of cucumber into your cocktail mixer. If you don’t have a cocktail mixer, you can use a measuring jug or something similar.
- Then, use a spirit measure to pour either a single or a double shot of gin, depending on how strong you like it, and pour over the cucumber. This will allow the cucumber and the gin flavours to infuse.
- Pour in 25ml of Monin Sirup de Mojito Mint and stir.
- Into the same cocktail mixer, pour a generous amount of tonic water to the top, and stir again.
- Slowly pour the cocktail into a large round glass, and add in the gin-infused cucumber. Add a slice of cucumber to garnish and enjoy!
This recipe is really simple but it tastes amazing, and is really refreshing. Let me know if you try it out and enjoy the remains of the weather! For more information on gin and some extra recipes to try, take a look at this article on Gin Palaces. If you’d like to try more of my cocktail recipes, you can find them here.