What is your favourite cocktail? Do you love a classic lime mojito? Or, do you see yourself as the Carrie Bradshaw with a cosmopolitan in hand? Or, perhaps you haven’t decided yet? Which is great news because you are assured to have a lot of fun trying out the hundreds and hundreds of cocktails available nowadays – just make sure you don’t attempt to drink them all in one night!
In this post, I’m going to take a look at some of the most popular cocktails to try below…
What are some of the most popular cocktails?
• Martini – A Martini contains gin and dry vermouth. A lemon twist or olives are often used to garnish this drink. Some bartenders also add orange or Angostura bitters.
• Espresso Martini – One version of a martini that has become very popular is the Espresso martini. Some of the best recipes include freshly brewed espresso, which you can order from the likes of https://twochimpscoffee.com/coffee-subscription/. This is mixed with a simple sugar syrup and a dash of coffee liqueur.
• Singapore Sling – A Singapore Sling is a gin-based cocktail. The gin is mixed with club soda, cherry brandy, powdered sugar, syrup, and lemon juice.
• Whit Russian – This creamy vodka drink is surprisingly easy to make. All you need is vodka, Kahlua coffee liqueur, and cream.
• Mojito – The classic Mojito is always a popular choice. Light rum is mixed with sugar, mint leaves, club soda, and lime.
• Bloody Mary – This is a spicy cocktail that you either love or hate. You will need tomato juice, vodka, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, ground pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
• Margarita – A margarita is a popular tequila-based cocktail. Tequila is mixed with triple sec and lime juice. Salt or sugar is usually added to the rim of the glass.
• Mint Julep – This classic cocktail mixes bourbon whiskey, with mint sprigs, and syrup.
• Pina Colada – A Pina Colada is a popular vacation cocktail. Head to https://recipes.sainsburys.co.uk/recipes/sides/pina-colada for a recipe. It consists of light rum, pineapple juice and cream of coconut.
• Cosmopolitan – This is undoubtedly one of the most popular cocktails. It contains vodka, Cointreau orange liqueur, fresh lime juice, and cranberry juice.
• Manhattan – Last but not least, one of the finest and oldest cocktails, the Manhattan. This cocktail is a delightful mixture of rye whiskey, sweet vermouth, and Angostura bitters.
So there you have it, some of the most loved cocktails to try next time you hit your favourite bar.
Last but not least, not only are the cocktails themselves exciting when visiting new restaurants but also so are the glasses they come in. You need to buy the right glass for the right drink The main three glasses cocktails are served in are as follows – highball glass, lowball glass, and a cocktail glass.
A highball glass is ideal for drinks of approximately 350 ml in volume, such as a Bloody Marry. A lowball is ideal for those of a higher alcohol content and a lower volume, such as 250 ml. Finally, a typically cocktail glass also holds roughly 250 ml, however, these are used for the likes of margaritas and daiquiris.
What’s your favourite cocktail? Make sure you take a look at my exclusive cocktail recipes below!